Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Festivities

WOW..
What a busy weekend!  Friday to Saturday I managed to stay up 21 hrs.  I honestly did not think I still had that in me.  Not only that but I ended up sleeping for only 4 hrs because we had to go up to Innisfil on Saturday so Daniel could do some work there for his family.  While going up Raquel and I were reminiscing about the fun trips to Wonderland we had as kids and all the rides we loved/hated there.  We also saw some old guy who had to compensate (we can all guess for what) with a Lamborghini.  While I sat and twirled my finger around my hair, Raquel was looking at his car, giving the poor man impression that we were paying attention to him.  He smiled probably what was his best smile at us, waved, and then proceded to speed up and pass us, most likely to impress us with his "awesome" car.  Raquel and I had a good laugh over that one.  It is a bit sad when people try to impress others, with their more expensive than average cars.  Especially men.  Mind you, I guess it works on some girls hence them doing it. 
After arriving at Innisfil, Raquel and I proceeded to play games with the kids outside.  I forgot how much fun it is to be a kid.  The games of 4 squares, 21, Poison etc. were a little too much fun for us :)  I think you loose sight of these things when you grow up.  The fun you can have if you're just willing to let go a bit and have a bit more energy than usual. 
Once we made it home, I basically passed out.  I had to be ready for a whole day of MOTHER'S DAY!  I do enjoy these holidays because it is fun to spend it with family (only if you like spending time with them and also if you like THEM!).  I love my moms and appreciate everything they have done for me.  I am lucky to have had a wonderful mother all my life who taught me soooo much in my life.  Now I am even more lucky to find a wonderful mother-in-law :) 
Today was really awesome.  I slept in, excercised, relaxed, played piano, and chilled with hubby and mom.  What more could I ask for?   I guess I should go to sleep now since I have to wake up in 5 short hours so I can go to my piano lesson. 
Tootles
Ewa

No comments:

Post a Comment