Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stop bothering me...

Why I get bothered by this...i will never know.
The words their, there, they're constantly being used in the wrong context.  So let's see if we can crack this big ass mystery and help some people out there.
THEIR - This is a possessive term referring to THEY.  As in....THEIR car is red.
THERE - As dictionary describes this...In or at that place.  The pencil is there.
THEY'RE - Contraction of THEY and ARE...as in They're traveling to Australia tomorrow.
If an immigrant, ESL kid can comprehend this concept...why not people who have been born here and speak English as their (see how I used that in a sentence?) first language.  If in doubt and you are writing something you are about to post on internet...why not take the extra few seconds to go onto Dictionary.com website and double check what you are writing.  I understand that to some this might seem very trivial and not worthy of a whole blog entry but being a little better knowledgeable is never a bad thing. 

I'm falling asleep now as I write this, therefore I do believe it is time to get the hell off this thing and into my bed.
Tootles
Ewa

2 comments:

  1. Love the good grammar! This post reminds me of another blog post i think you'll enjoy: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love it!!!!! ALOT! ;)

    ReplyDelete