Monday, May 23, 2011

Staycation: Day 1 and My Love of Youtube

What a wonderful way to start my staycation!  After finishing watching movies with the hubby last night, I remembered that I stumbled upon Polish cartoons on Youtube.  I decided to see if maybe it would have some of the Polish movies I remember watching as a child.  What do you know, it DID!  I don't think I can describe the child-like wonderment and excitement I felt when I saw "Czarne Stopy" (Black Feet) all over again.  Last time I remember seeing that movie was back in Grade 1 or so at the movie theatre.  The movie is based on a book.  Just to give you an idea of what the movie is about I'll give a very brief synopsis.  It shows many adventures of a boy scout pack, named Black Feet, while attending a bivouac with their boy scout troop.  It's a cute kids movie.  I simply sat there glued to my little netbook screen with this stupid grin on my face.  I finished watching it this morning and then decided to keep on going down the memory lane.  I simply adore Youtube for giving me this little gift. 

My day 1 of staycation started off great.  I had my green tea in my herbal tea mug while watching my Polish movies (Yes, I have a specific mug for that, given to me by my LuLu).  During all this time my hubby was playing Black Ops on PS3 on the couch beside me.   
Mr. Frog chilling in my cup.

After my Polish movie break, my hubby and I watched a movie together.  I know...we watch A LOT of movies.  That is actually a very special time to us.  We don't go clubbing, pubbing etc.  We like to sit at our home and relax together.  This might seem boring to some but it's perfect to us.  Before the movie I also made us crepes.  Oh yeah, you heard me right...I make crepes and they are pretty good if I say so myself.  I am awesome like that.  Once the movie was over I decided to go and have a nice, long, relaxing bath.  One of MY favourite ways to de-stress.  I put my little bath pillow in, turn the ipod dock station to some tunes of my "mood' choice, bring my book along and settle in to a nice chill zone.

My chill station

This time around I couldn't decide between the two books that I'm reading so I decided to bring them both.  I always have my phone on me as well.  If I don't feel like reading, I tweet, FB or play games on my phone.



bubbles!! Oo

These would be my vanilla scented candles that I light during my bath and one of my favourites bubbles for my bubble baths.  I am quite aware that it says Shower Gel on the bottle but that's because I bought a refil at the store and by mistake I put it into the shower gel bottle. 
After all the bathing, I decided to do my toesies again for the week of my staycation.  I decided for a sparkly red colour called "Red Carpet" by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. I think I put too much pressure on myself because I had to re-do my big toe 3 times before I just say "Screw it!" and just left it as is.

Then my hubby made us delicious dinner, which I practically inhaled and now my stomach hurts like a motha.  TUMS or Pepto...here I come.  I have a very busy Day 2 of Staycation therefore I shall go to bed soon.   
Tootles
Ewa



No comments:

Post a Comment