Friday, May 6, 2011

Kind of an addiction


What is it?  Awesome that's what...
Originally posted May 1st 2011
…and by kind of I mean it is an absolute form of addiction.  I don’t mean buying shoes or makeup, clothes, going on drinking binges or doing hardcore drugs.  I mean surrounding oneself with books.  Innocent enough you say but sometimes I wonder… if you unleashed me on the world of books, money or space not being an object, would I turn into a hoarder?  Chapter website is my fix when I need one.  I go onto it to search for the possible new books that I WILL read in the future.  The store itself is one of my most favourite stores out there…mind you that goes for any bookstore.  I could spend a lot of my free time just roaming the many shelves of the store in search of that book that is calling my name (which is every other one).  To add to this I also work in a library.  If you’re asking yourself if this is helping me any than the answer is no.  On a regular basis I have more books out on my card than I can read.  I DO read books and if given the time I can read one pretty quickly.  I also have cards from libraries in two neighbouring cities :D.  All this be as it may, I love my addiction (says every addict out there).  I can say, however, that my addiction is not as harmful as others out there.  Even though I could go on shopping sprees in bookstores I curb my spending to my means.  Like I said before, if I just need a fix, I go to the Chapters’ website.   That being said I got to read some amazing stories, learn about some fantastic lives and learn a thing or two.   Currently I’m into Biographies and Teen books.  I just have finished reading the life story of Cherie Currie from the Runaways.  The book’s title is “Neon Angel: story of a runaway”.  It is amazing what you learn about human perseverance and spirit.  AMAZING BOOK…read it!
Now I am reading Generation Dead.  This one being a teen book which deals with that favourite subject of zombies.  Not just any regular zombie but high functioning, do not eat brains, teen zombie.  Sounds hokey to some but believe you me when I say it is actually quite interesting.  Well…with this said, I am going back to work. (Yes I am at work on my lunch break :)).
Tootles
Ewa

No comments:

Post a Comment