Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So you're an adult...what to do now?

  • Morning wake up call - 6:00 am
  • Get ready, make sure I bring my music books with me and get in the car and go to piano teacher's house for 7:30...
  • Get there 5 mins late (dammit)
  • Get started on my Grade 9 pieces.  This is when they get picked to be played and start my journey into another year of playing and learning piano.
  • ....take one look at the pieces...aaaaaahhhh shit....
  • There's no bullshitting now.  Pieces are hard and my fingers will have to behave which means practice, practice, practice.
  • cry a little to myself.
This is it ladies and gents.  This is where I have to pull my socks up and really make this whole piano business work.  No more slacking or anything of such nature.  I do love playing, however, so this should not be too difficult for me.  For fun I have found sheets music for Adele's song "Someone like you" and some sheet music from the movie Amelie (2 things I ADORE!).  I am really not in the business of caring if I annoy my neighbourinos with my playing.  They have loud voices, cussing, and annoying tendencies....I have my piano to do that for me (I wish all neighbours were annoying as me).

Today I started my day at 6 am and only now, at 12:00 am am I close to finishing it.  This is pretty much my life in a nutshell.  HOWEVER, I got to see my friends Val and Bri (who is battling cancer) as well as Victoria and Kyle.  Bri is a strong woman and if anyone is going to beat cancer, it would be her.  She is one strong cookie and I absolutely admire her and how she holds herself up in this battle.  Val is pure awesomness and absolutely wonderful human being.  We got to chill at Coffee Culture and talk and laugh together, which was Uber fantastic.

We chilled with Kyle and Victoria afterwards and had an absolutely wonderful time together as per always.  Speaking of another wonderful couple, Matt and Aggie hung out with us on Friday.  We love these two as well and always enjoy our time together.

I <3 my friends and count myself a very lucky person to have these wonderful people around me.
Hope others can be as lucky as I am.
Tootles
Ewa 

No comments:

Post a Comment